Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Howard Stern: Yanked for Talking About New Job

Howard Stern says he was pulled off four radio stations this week for using a pair of newly forbidden words: Satellite radio.

Hmm, if you ask me, doing that only hurts radio... Every time "free" radio increases their censorship, it's like free advertising for satellite radio. :-) I think sat radio is great, I would own one myself but I just don't listen to radio that much... I live about 2 blocks from where I work, so even if I had my radio on while driving I am not in the car long enough to even hear a whole song... Hell I don't even list to my radio much on trips, and when I do I usually just put a CD in... Ya know, I was just thinking, I could care less about radio, I want satellite TV, and I don't mean like you have at home with a stupid stationary antenna on your house which has to be pointed directly at the satellite. I want sat/TV where it's like the sat radio, where I can carry it with me on some small portable media player! I'm sure it's coming eventually... The ultimate media gadget, builtin harddrive, mp3 player, digital cam (at least 5MP), and cell phone, plays games, AND receives sat TV & radio! also throw in highspeed wireless networking & internet, bluetooth, USB heheh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone in your thoughts about an all-inclusive portable media player. I hope you can make it to Podcast & Portable Media Expo - hopefully a few of the companies working toward that will be exhibiting.

Tim Bourquin
http://www.PodcastExpo.com