Saturday, January 15, 2005

UC Davis Study Shows Lake Tahoe Is Warming Up

The waters of Lake Tahoe are warming up at almost twice the rate of the world's oceans, probably as a consequence of global climate change, according to a new study by UC Davis scientists. The higher warming rate, reported for the first time in the new study, could have major implications for public plans to keep the lake blue.

I went to Lake Tahoe once, in the middle of July, and a friend of mine tried to get me to take a swim... Ok, I'm from Texas, where the lakes are WARM in the summer.. This lake stays cold all year round! They have hypothermia warning signs posted at all the beaches! Yeah, ok, I didn't even make it out far enough for the water to be up to my waist... My friend, she swam, and tried and tried to coax me farther into the water... But there was no way I was going any deeper into the water! That is some seriously cold water for July!
Oh, and Tahoe is also the most BEAUTIFUL place I have ever been to in my life! Even if it is over populated by rich snobs...

No comments: