Monday, September 19, 2005

Residents Streaming Back to New Orleans (AP)

John  Schwab, 31, cleans up his home in New Orleans Monday Sept. 19, 2005.  Schwab's home suffered minor damage from Hurricane Katrina. Some area residents are being allowed to return to their homes for the first time since the hurricane struck on Aug. 29. (AP Photo/Ann Heisenfelt )AP - Residents began streaming back Monday as part of a plan by the mayor to reopen New Orleans one neighborhood at a time, despite repeated warnings from the top federal official on the scene - and President Bush himself - that the city is unsafe.




Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there another storm headed for the Gulf?? Just heard on the news during my lunchbreak that computer models point it towards Houston... If you draw a line from the Florida Keys to Houston & New Orleans you'll see that's a pretty narrow difference. I know there's alot of people who want to go home, but to me, now just doesn't seem like a good time to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: